Buckinghamshire is the ceremonial country in England. It is also known as Bucks. Buckinghamshire is magnificently beautiful, and that is why most of the tourists come here. It has many beautiful towns, and all of them are known for the best. One of the well-known towns of Buckinghamshire is High Wycombe. It is famous for its beautiful parks and market. Education-wise, High Wycombe is the home of some of the best Grammar School. The top three Grammar Schools are The Royal Grammar Schools (For Boys), Wycombe High School (For Girls), and the John Hampden School (For Boys).
These all Grammar Schools, which are state secondary schools, take entry tests for the admission called 11 plus. This exam is very tough, and people want their children to pass this 11 plus test with high marks to get a place in Grammar School in Buckinghamshire. The competition is very tough among the candidates.
Usually, parents start the 11 plus test preparation from year 4 of primary school. Some parents who can’t afford massive fees or are busy due to jobs, hire 11 plus tutors for the children.
There are few top tuition centres which are providing the best tutoring services in High Wycombe. Adnan Khan Tutoring is one of them, offering a variety of tutoring services for almost 20 years and highly recommended by the teachers and the parents to prepare for the 11 plus test, in High Wycombe.
Areas Covered in 11 Plus Paper!
The areas covered by 11+ exams like Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, 11 plus English and 11 plus Maths have also become very tricky with time. Parents want their children to cover all these areas for better performance in 11 plus exams.
11 plus Verbal Reasoning tests the ability of a child to take a series of facts expressed in words and to use this to solve a particular problem. It is an effective way of testing a child’s potential, not just his or her academic abilities. The 11 plus Non-Verbal Reasoning test is a problem-solving exercise that uses diagrams, pictures, shapes and codes regardless of a child’s knowledge in English.
- English and Maths are compulsory subjects, and students get taught in each year of Primary Schools.
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning is not a part of the National Curriculum in state primary schools, and this may feel odd for the children who have not experienced such problems before.
- Students need to practise them as many times as possible.
- Parents should get their children familiar with such testing, which they will not experience in schools.
There are plenty of ways to prepare your child for 11 plus in Buckinghamshire and High Wycombe.
When will the 11 plus exams take place in 2020?
The exam dates for 11 plus vary from area to area and school to school. Generally, most of the state grammar schools take 11 plus exams in September and October. The other local independent schools take their entrance exams in January. For most grammar schools the 11+ exam will take place during the first two weeks in September 2020.
You can find out more about eleven plus over the internet. It is always best to keep yourself updated to the latest information or selective tests from the following:
- School where your child is currently Enrolled.
- Local Education Authority (LEA)
- You can ask from the Grammar School for which your child is preparing 11 plus exams.
Do you need to hire an 11 plus tutor?
Hiring an 11 plus tutor is depending on you and your child. If you have a good relationship with your children and can dedicate your time for them, then private tutoring is not necessary. There are many 11+ plus resources (past papers, guides and books) available. You can prepare your children for 11 plus exams at home.
Competition for getting a place in Grammar Schools is also getting stiff, so your child may need some tuition to meet the standard for success in 11 plus exams. If you can’t spare some time for your child or you are a busy person, then you can hire an 11 plus tutor to take this responsibility from you. Make sure the tutor you hire has a clean record to ensure the security of your child.
You can simply check the performance levels of your child beforehand through 11 plus mock tests online. It also helps your child to overcome the pressure of the 11 plus exam. Parents can also organise 11 plus a mock day at home after some guidance from educationists. You can also have access to the 11 plus mock test papers pdfs from any tutoring site.
Help Your Child in Preparing for the 11 plus Exams!
- Help out your children to make them fully prepared for the 11 plus and other exams so they can get into the best grammar schools. Take out some time from your busy schedule for your child.
- In High Wycombe, many private tutors can help your child in preparing 11 plus exams. Moreover, some of the best tutoring agencies are available in High Wycombe like Adnan Khan Tutoring, Explore Learning, Milestone Tutoring and The Education Centre. There are several 11 plus test guides available such as CGP books, practise books and test papers from where you can prepare your subjects. These guides and manuals are also available online.
- There are many online games available where your children can play and learn at the same time. Educational games are beneficial and fun to learn.
What Kind of 11+ Tuition is Available in High Wycombe?
- You can find the best online tutoring for 11 plus in your area. You can also check out some of the best online 11 plus tutoring providers like Adnan Khan Tutoring, Explore Learning, Milestone Tutoring and The Education centre.
- You can go to the tutor’s house, or the tutor can come to yours. Choose any option you think is best for your child.
- You can take courses from some of the best tuition centres in High Wycombe, like Adnan Khan tutoring, Explore learning, Milestone Tutoring and The Education Centre. They offer 11 plus tutoring for 7 years to 10 years old according to the child’s level of understanding.
What does Adnan Khan Tutoring have for you?
- We offer you free online 11 plus tuition as a FREE TRIAL and a free assessment, so you can check your child’s performance and the material we are providing.
- We also offer online tuition from years 1 to years 11 in English, Maths and Science as well. We cover all formats of syllabuses throughout the UK.
- You can visit our 11 plus youtube lessons to make your decision.
- We offer you an affordable pricing structure that meets your needs.
- If you want to subscribe to us, then register here.
You can email us at [email protected].