One of the most beautiful towns of Buckinghamshire is High Wycombe which is famous for its beautiful parks and a large market. In education, High Wycombe has some of the best Grammar Schools. The top three Grammar Schools are The Royal Grammar Schools (For Boys), Wycombe High School (For Girls), and the John Hampden School (For Boys). The competition to get admission to these schools is very tough.
These state secondary schools (Grammar Schools) take entry exams, called 11 plus exams. This exam is very tough, and parents want their children to pass this test with high marks to get into their preferred Grammar School. The competition is getting tough among the candidates because of quality education and recent changes in the National Curriculum.
How to pass 11 plus?
Due to stiff competition, parents are anxious about the preparation of 11 plus. Luckily we have different options available in the UK to help your child in 11 plus.
We have a few top tuition centres which are providing the best 11+ tutoring services in High Wycombe. Adnan Khan Tutoring is one of them, providing unique and quality tutoring services for 20 years and highly recommended in the neighbourhood.
The 11 plus includes Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, 11 plus English and 11 plus Maths. Many tutors and tutoring companies are providing their services for each of these areas with full command over them.
- We know that English and Maths are compulsory subjects, and children get to learn and practice these subjects in schools. Students are familiar with them before appearing for the 11 plus. But,
- 11+ Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning is not a part of the National Curriculum in primary schools, and children don’t get to see these kinds of problems beforehand. They need to prepare for it outside of the school hours.
- To get a full hold on these tests, students need to practise them as many times as possible.
- Parents should prepare their children with such testing techniques, which they don’t experience in schools.
- Parents should hire qualified 11 plus tutors if they are busy or if they don’t have a good relationship with the child.
Most of the people want to know when the 11 plus takes place. Exam dates vary from area to area and school to school, but most of the state grammar schools take 11 plus exams in September and October. The other local independent schools take their entrance exams in January.
Following are the resources from where you can update yourself regarding 11 plus.
- Ask from the school where your child is currently Enrolled.
- Local Education Authority (LEA)
And the Grammar School for which you are preparing your child.
Eleven plus tutors High Wycombe!
It is entirely upon parents and the kids whether there is a need to hire 11 plus tutors or not. If some parents have developed a good relationship with their children and can easily take out some time from their schedule, then there is no need to hire tutors. You can easily prepare your children with 11+ plus resources (past papers, guides and books) available.
We all know that competition for getting into top Grammar Schools is getting stiff, so your kids may need some tutoring to ace the 11 plus exams.
If you are a busy person, then you can hire an 11 plus tutor to handover this responsibility. Check the record of the tutor before you hire; remember that your child’s safety should always be your priority.
There are a few best 11 plus mock tests that can assess your child’s performance and preparation for 11 plus. It reduces the pressure of the 11 plus exam beforehand. You can also organise an 11 plus a mock day at home after a little training. It will help your child a lot.
Options for 11 plus preparation!
- Parents should help out their children for the 11 plus exams so they can get into their preferred and the best grammar schools. Don’t be so hard on the kids; invest some of your time on them.
- Private tutoring in High Wycombe: 11+ private tutors can help your child in preparing 11 plus exams. There are a few best tutoring companies available like Adnan Khan Tutoring, Explore Learning, Milestone Tutoring and The Education Centre.
- There are some best 11 plus test guides available such as CGP books, practise books and test papers from which you can help your child in preparing different lessons.
- Online learning games: they have got so much popularity in recent years. Different unique learning games introduced by tutoring companies online. Kids love to play and learn.
- You can also find the best online tutoring for 11 plus in your area. You can also check out some of the best online 11 plus tutoring providers like Adnan Khan Tutoring, Explore Learning, Milestone Tutoring and The Education centre.
- You can have the option of home tuition as well in High Wycombe.
- You can take online courses or can order worksheets and practise books from some of the best tuition centres in High Wycombe, like Adnan Khan tutoring, Explore learning, Milestone Tutoring and The Education Centre.
What do we offer to you?
- We offer you free online 11 plus tuition as a FREE TRIAL and a free assessment, so you can check your child’s performance and the content we have developed for your child.
- We are also providing online tuition from years 1 to years 11 in English, Maths and Science as well. We cover all formats of syllabuses throughout the UK and the National Curriculum.
- You can visit our 11 plus youtube lessons to make your decision.
- We offer you an affordable pricing structure that meets your needs.
- If you want to subscribe to us, then register here.
If you are looking for more information on helping your child, then contact us on the number shown below. You can also send us a message on WhatsApp, and one of our staff members will get back to you straight away.
You can email us at [email protected]